I'm trying to index only the title field of a class just to test the
plugin. When I build the index I get the following error on all fields
with Norwegian characters in them:

PHP Notice:  iconv(): Detected an illegal character in input string
in /var/www/nibr/dev/plugins/sfLucenePlugin/lib/vendor/Zend/Search/
Lucene/Analysis/Analyzer/Common/TextNum.php on line 56

Notice: iconv(): Detected an illegal character in input string in /var/
www/nibr/dev/plugins/sfLucenePlugin/lib/vendor/Zend/Search/Lucene/
Analysis/Analyzer/Common/TextNum.php on line 56
PHP Notice:  iconv(): Detected an illegal character in input string
in /var/www/nibr/dev/plugins/sfLucenePlugin/lib/vendor/Zend/Search/
Lucene/Field.php on line 188

Notice: iconv(): Detected an illegal character in input string in /var/
www/nibr/dev/plugins/sfLucenePlugin/lib/vendor/Zend/Search/Lucene/
Field.php on line 188

What's causing this to happen? I've configured everything to use UTF-8

apps/admin/config/search.yml:
  name:                  NIBR
  encoding:              UTF-8
  cultures:              [no,en]

models:
  Publication:
    fields:
      id:                unindexed
      Title:             text

The table type is INNODB with default character set UTF8