Found it!

Line 89, sfLuceneIndexer.class.php, change this:
return Zend_Search_Lucene_Field::Text($name, $contents);

To this:
return Zend_Search_Lucene_Field::Text($name, $contents, 'UTF-8');

And it works...

If you check the Zend manual you can see that each
Zend_Search_Lucene_Field type takes a third parameter for the encoding
of the field.
http://framework.zend.com/manual/en/zend.search.lucene.html#zend.search.lucene.overview
"Each of these methods (excluding Zend_Search_Lucene_Field::Binary()
method) has optional $encoding parameter. It specifies input data
encoding."