I had to port one other plugin to Propel 1.3 and I was thinking at that
time that just fixing it for me will not suffice so I was wondering at
that time how to make the changes not break support for Propel 1.2 and I
came to the following conclusion.

    if (method_exists(new TagPeer(), 'doSelectStmt'))
    {
      $stmt = TagPeer::doSelectStmt($c);
      while($id = $stmt->fetchColumn(1)) {
        $removed_tag_ids[] = $id;
      }
    }
    else
    {
      $rs = TagPeer::doSelectRS($c);
      while ($rs->next())
      {
        $removed_tag_ids[] = $rs->getInt(1);
      }
    }

The same can be done with ->prepareStatement() vs ->prepare() and
->executeQuery() vs ->execute()
Everything else is pretty much the same and will work without modifications.

Carsten, do you think you can make the changes you did to the nested set
behavior so that we can update the plugin and everybody who is willing
to use it (like me, for example) can do that even with Propel 1.3 installed?

I think this is a good time to discuss how to solve the few differences
there are between Propel 1.3 and 1.2 and make a solution now so that
everybody who has coded against Propel can make the needed changes.

Comments?

Kupo