From: Lukas Kahwe Smith [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: 19 October 2007 16:07
To: symfony-users@googlegroups.com
Subject: [symfony-users] Re: New Projects v1.1 or v1.0.8

On 19.10.2007, at 17:00, Mat wrote:

> Hi symfony devs,
>
> Having just completed my first symfony project, I'm about to start
> work on
> the second one. This could take a while and is likely to be a long
> term
> project, would you recommend making the jump to 1.1 now and working
> on the
> trunk, or sticking with 1.0.8 and upgrading it later. The other
> question is
> if I do go down the 1.0.8 route, how easy will it be to upgrade
> later on.

I think the key question is what features of 1.1 will you really
need? If you are dependent on the new filter chain then you might to
have a look at 1.1 now (also to ensure that everything you need
really ends up in the release). If you just intend to write
"standard" modules and a few filters without leveraging the 1.1
features, then you can probably safely start with 1.0.8 now and rely
on the upgrade pake task to keep the door open for 1.1 once its
released.

regards,
Lukas