Hi

I'm new to symfony, so this might be a trivial question, but I hope
someone can sheet some light on it anyway, as I'm still a bit
unfamiliar with the framework.

After skimming must of the manual, reading about other developers
experience and generally trying to get a sense of direction for the
project I have installed and toyed around with symfony 1.1. I expect
that by the time I have gotten the hang of the framework, symfony 1.1
will have become stable so I might as well start with this version.

And now to my imitate problem:

I want to use doctrine instead of propel, partly because the blogs and
news site I read a mostly in agreement, that doctrine is the way of
the future, but mostly because symfony (as far as I can tell) plans to
switch to doctrine in the future anyway.

I followed this guide when I tried to install the sfDoctrinePlugin:

http://trac.symfony-project.com/wiki/sfDoctrinePlugin

but when I type 'symfony' in my shell I don't get the advertised
result; that is: no doctrine task.

I tried checking out the trunk of the  sfDoctrinePlugin, but still no
dice.

I'm running on a gentoo installation, and have installed symfony
(1.1.0-BETA3) through PEAR.

Any pointers or comments would be greatly appreciated.

Regards

Joe