From: symfony-users@googlegroups.com [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
On Behalf Of Eno
Sent: Friday, May 30, 2008 11:57 AM
To: symfony users
Subject: [symfony-users] Re: blog and or email platform needed to
incorporate into our social site

On May 29, 9:24 pm, "Daevid Vincent" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Wondering if anyone knows of, or can recommend (or avoid for that matter),
> any kind of web logging (blogging as the kids call it) and / or email
> system.
>
> By "email system", I refer to the kind like you'd find on MySpace -
compose,
> inbox, sent, folders for things like friend requests, comments, etc)
>
> And of course a "blog" is pretty straight forward. You post a bunch of
> ramblings and people can comment on them. Basic editing features of
course.
> And ideally a thumbs up/down or ranking system.

This sounds like you want to use something already built - symfony
doesn't give you that (you could use symfony to BUILD something like
that but out of the box its just a tool).

WebMail systems: look at squirrelmail or roundcube.
Blog systems: Look at Wordpress, TextPattern, Typo (there are tons out
there).

You dont mention what the social site is? Nor do you mention what sort
of languages and/or database it uses, so our answers can only be
generic. Moreover, if you want something pre-built then you're
probably asking on the wrong mailing list.