Yes, it's submitted with POST method.
This ist the form class (not much magic there):

class ContactForm extends sfForm  {
  public function configure()
  {
    $this->setWidgets(array(
      'name' => new sfWidgetFormInput(),
      'firstname' => new sfWidgetFormInput(),
      'email'     => new sfWidgetFormInput(),
    ));

    $this->widgetSchema->setNameFormat('contact[%s]');

    $this->setValidators(array(
      'name'      => new sfValidatorString(array(), array('required'
=> 'Bitte geben Sie Ihren Namen an.')),
      'firstname' => new sfValidatorString(array('required' =>
false)),
      'email'     => new sfValidatorEmail(array(), array('required' =>
'Bitte geben Sie Ihre Emailadresse an.', 'invalid' => 'Bitte geben Sie
eine gültige Mailadresse an.')),
    ));
  }
}

This is the according action:

public function executeIndex($request)
{
  $this->getUser()->setAttribute('startpage',false);
  $this->form = new ContactForm();

  if ($request->isMethod('post'))
  {
    $this->form->bind($request->getParameter('contact'));
    if ($this->form->isValid())
    {
      $this->redirect('contact/thankyou?'.http_build_query($this->form-
>getValues()));
    }
  }
}

I'm running sf1.1.2 on an Ubuntu8.04 system with an Apache 2.2.8 and
PHP5.2.4
If have the sfDocrine and the sfDoctrineTree plugins installed if that
is of interest.
Can I support you with anything else?

The http_build_query in the action works fine, if I print it out in
the action.

Thanks for your support...
Martin