2008/9/29 David Heath <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
> My questions for you:
>  * have you conducted any load testing? What kind of results did you get?
>  * any tips on how to identify the bottlenecks or sources of
> performance problems?
>  * any other links to general advice?
>
> Thanks for any input you can give.

Enable MySQL slow query logging, see if a lot of that time is spent in
the DB or not.  You probably want to properly profile your app with
xdebug or something.  Are you using database sessions?  Are you doing
lots of updates in a table that's MyISAM (which only supports table
locking)....

It's hard to take much info from what you've given (but it's
interesting nonetheless) - I hope fabian's presentation will help
guide you to some kinda solution