On Sep 29, 2:36 pm, "Ian Christian" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> 2008/9/29 halfer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
>
> > Hi David
>
> > I am wondering if you might be running in CGI mode. In my view,
> > something like FastCGI or fcgi is essential for symfony, as it has a
> > lot of libraries that it needs to load up. If it has to do so on each
> > request, it is bound to be slow.
>
> Has anyone benchmarked this?
>
> I ask.. because 2 years ago, I did.  I found no significant speed
> difference over mod_apache.

Yes, it was more whether CGI was in use, rather than suggesting
mod_apache was a poor choice for David. The only reason we don't use
it is that it is not recommended for use on Windows, and sadly we're
still stuck there! After some years of wearing the powers-that-be
down, Red Hat Enterprise Linux is around the corner...