Right,
same solution can be added to migrations as originally he "don't want
test data fixtures being added to the production database."
Then you will have two places, one for test fixtures and another for
production fixtures.

Or just use "--dir" and "--env" in pair to load fixtures from different
places into any environment.
Hope this solved now! :)

Thanks.