$task = new Task (new sfEventDispatcher, new sfFormatter);
$task->run($arguments, $options);

should do the trick.  if it complains about not being in the correct
dir, use a chdir() call to the symfony root directory.  To know in
which format to put the arguments and options array, try to execute on
command line on your home computer or so and do a var_dump() on them.

James