On Fri, 7 Aug 2009, DEEPAK BHATIA wrote:

> OK, I am sorry for my mistake but I am still not convinced that third
> parameter which is a
>
> options => array() is a HTML compliant <input> tag parameters has a
> remote function inside the array.
>
> But the below mentioned information is not at all understood by me.
> Probably may not be an HTML expert that's why we need some practical
> examples

http://www.symfony-project.org/book/1_2/11-Ajax-Integration#chapter_11_ajax_helpers

remote_function() generates Javascript.

http://www.symfony-project.org/api/1_0/JavascriptHelper#method_remote_function

(You can also click on 'Browse code' to see the code for remote_function).

If you look at the source of your page after loading you will see that it
generates an Ajax function call, and the parameters you pass to it are
Ajax parameters. You're doing an update, so probably Ajax.Updater is being
generated, which is a Prototype function documented here:

http://www.prototypejs.org/api/ajax/updater

Sorry, Im probably going to be crucified for saying this, but Im simply
amazed that there are web developers and designers out there that don't
know HTML and/or JavaScript!