Errors, etc? If properly configured, it works - just like it does for me.
On the other hand, for sending mails I recommend swiftmailer, that has
recently been taken over by the creator of symfony, Fabien Potencier;
and will become the default mailer solution in the framework [1].

[1] http://fabien.potencier.org/article/33/swift-mailer-takeover