If your exchange machine requires TLS, you need to use something other than
Swift.  If you use phpMailer, the authentication code is..

$this->IsSMTP();
$this->SMTPDebug = 2;
$this->SMTPAuth = true;
$this->SMTPSecure = "tls";
$this->Host = "smtp.yourexchangehost.com";
$this->Username = 'yourdomain\yourusername'; // setup this way if you are
using domain authentication
$this->Password = '*****';

If you don't need TLS to connect to exchange, then you just need to test
that the mail() function works on your server, like Eno said.