svn export "repPath" should generate the structure without the .svn
control folders/files.

With 1.3 we have the installer option with generate:project - while it
will require a rethink on how we deploy - could be more flexible/useful.
It should be a more reliable approach - you'll be working with a
functioning sf from the go-get.