As Alex suggests - this should be implemented via a filter which ensures
the rule is always applied and cannot be bypassed.
You'll also get the option of being able to lock out accounts that have an
active session.

Removing permissions isn't a bright idea - just because an account is
locked - you shouldn't lose any data.
A digital trail is important as it allows forensics later if needed - and
as you mention it's an extra admin overhead.

Linking it to permissions isn't a good idea as it's only effective if
you're 100% certain ACL's have been applied correctly to resources and
then checked.  It just takes 1 typo for declarative security to fail.