For your example it's pretty clear that symfony can't find the translations.
And sure enough, you forgot to add the catalogue to the __() method call.
Plugin or not, it doesn't matter.

In the signinSuccess.php change this:

        __('Forgot your password?')

to this:

        __('Forgot your password?', array(), 'sf_admin')

and it should work.

Cheers, Daniel