> So I put an echo statement in the constructor of sfFormDoctrine, the
> first constructor that should be encountered by PHP generating the
> object, and folks, it never gets executed. Somewhere in building the
> object hierarchy, php crashes, or some Symfony/Doctrine code throws an
> exception. Now I have NO idea where that code might be, I don't think
> there is any. It's just PHP creating an object and until executable
> code is found in a constructor, there's nothing the code base can
> affect.

What do you see in the error log?

Have you added any filters lately? The strangest bugs I've ever gotten
with Symfony were when I badly implemented a Remember Me function,
using a filter that interfered with a lot of other necessary code.

Is this code that you need to be logged in to see?

Have you cleared the cache?