hmm..what is your dev environment Operating system, and find out which is
for your production environment.

I had a similar problem, where the forms would not execute in the production
environment but would execute itself in the dev environment just fine. The
issue was that my production was linux based, hence it's case sensitive
whereas my dev is windows based, hence case insensitive.....what i needed to
change was the following line

<?php echo use_helper('*form*') ?> which is in the dev to <?php echo
use_helper('*Form*') ?>
note the capital F letter....
try this out or the equivalent of for your code, maybe it works for you