I had a similar problem too with the symfomy's deployment. Not building the
classes but in deployment. The symfony's interface of rsync doenst clear the
buffer in *sfProjectDeployTask at the moment that the rsync is executed. *The
fix is only clear the outbuffer before execute the rsync command. I create a
ticket that can be check here: http://trac.symfony-project.org/ticket/8177

Maybe the problem are the permissions. Have you sure that its ok?

chmod 755 -R /project/*
./symfony project:permissions

Whether it not resolve your problem try to find the yml not found when you
run the "builder".

Bye

Augusto Morais