The main advantage of the definitive guide is that all information about
symfony are available in one place. The right side tag cloud also help a lot
to go to the correct part of the documentation.

I still look at it to get references about cache, slot and other stuffs.
Some information are only available in this book. Of course, as the book
contains a lot of deprecated features; browsing the source code is also a
great source of information not always very easy for a beginner.

Glad to see the book is going to be ported to sf1.4

Thomas Rabaix
http://rabaix.net