As Tarjei wrote: src of a frame should NOT be html code itself, but
the URI to a webpage.

So you could try something like this:

<frameset cols="20%,80%">
            <frame src="files\leftnav.html"/>
            <frame src="<?php echo ur_for('@any_route') ?>"/>
</frameset>

It's still the question why anyone should use framsets as we have
slots and components in symfony...

security at symfony-project.com