i think you do not have the "display_errors" and also, check
"error_reporting = E_ALL" directive set in your php.ini ... and this
might be the source of all of your problems.
No logs = no debugging ..
Alecs

On Thu, Apr 8, 2010 at 3:36 PM, Don_Busi <dominik.busin...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I guess I found the problem. I increased the amount of memory the
> script was allowed to use (in the php.ini) and the error was gone.
>
> The script was probably using to much memory and just died
> silently. :-/
>
> Cheers,
> Don
>
> On Apr 8, 11:24 am, Don_Busi <dominik.busin...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hi everybody,
>>
>> I'm kind of lost here and hope that any of you has some ideas on what
>> could be wrong with my app/setup.
>>
>> I have a Facebook-Connect Application deployed that works perfectly
>> fine. (http://www.socialtravelguide.net)
>>
>> As I continue development on my new laptop (running ubuntu 9.10,
>> apache2 & mysql, all up-to-date), I have a "local" installation of the
>> same code-base to implement, debug & test new features.
>>
>> The code-base (my application code + symfony code) for the two
>> installations are identical, but my local installation doesn't work
>> properly.
>>
>> Some pages just produce no output at all (zero-character-in-the-page-
>> source-code), there are no errors in the logs (neither symfony nor
>> apache). All looks fine, there is just nothing being shown in the
>> browser. Other pages show the right output.
>>
>> Any ideas on where to look are highly appreciated!
>>
>> Thanx in advance,
>> Don

Have a nice day!

Alecs
Certified ScrumMaster

There are no cannibals alive! I have ate the last one yesterday ...
I am on web:  http://www.alecslupu.ro/
I am on twitter: http://twitter.com/alecslupu
I am on linkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/in/alecslupu
Tel: (+4)0722 621 280