I think there is no problem of checking subdomain from sfUser.

I think for checking subdomain you only need to have a request object
- I think it has a host attribute.

Something about subdomains is here
http://www.symfony-project.org/blog/2009/03/02/call-the-expert-adding-subdomain-requirements-to-routing-yml
But maybe this isn't exactly what you need.

security at symfony-project.com