Hello to everyone. I am new to Symfony, so I ask you to forgive me if
my question is a noob question. Anyway, looking in documentation /
tutorials I couldn't find a solution.

The problem is the following:
I want to build a website where I have only a few pages free to view
for every one. Those who wants to see all the other page have to
register. This is something like a normal forum.

Is that possible? All I found is the sfDoctrineGuardPlugin plugin, but
all it says is that for creating useres I must use a task, and this is
not what I want: I want everyone to feel free to subscribe whenever
they want, without my confirmation.

Than you in advance
Marco, Italy

Ciao Marco,
the task is needed only if you need to promote a user. The sfDoctrineGuardPlugin helps you with a "little more advanced than basic" login/logout methods, but you can easily create register/subscribe methods as needed.

If you look at the sfDoctrineApplyPlugin, you'll see how to customize those functions (you can easily remove the required activation).

Hope this helps... If not, feel free to ask anything!

Pietro

security at symfony-project.com