Hello!

Thanks, Gabriel! I will try that!

Tom: we have a very twisted sales team :)

We send the sales guys in the field with pre-filled contracts to be signed.
We number these contracts each morning with consecutive numbers: 1,2,3,4 and
we insert them in the DB and associate with potential customers. When they
come back to the office in the evening we realise that customer with
contract 2 changed his mind and do not want to sign, so the sales guy
deletes it from the database. But the accounting cannot accept that a
contract is missing from the numbering. And the MySQL autoincrement does not
count that a number is missing so the next contract will have no. 5. Which
has to be changed by our back-office support to "2". There would be another
way not to use the id for contract number; but it's easier and more
intuitive...

Hope I was clear,

Mihai Rusoaie
+40 72 RUSOAIE