Hello list,

I am trying to run some tests under another environment than the test
environment. The goal of it would be to run 'integration' tests on a stage
server. The stage server is able to talk to other servers from partners
(something the developer machines cannot do).

For that we basically created a new task based on the test:functional task that
will run the integration tests. The tests are exactly like functional tests but
the filename has a different ending (*TestIntegration.php instead of *Test.php)
so that they won't be picked up by the functional test task.

Also we have a specific configuration for this environment which is different
from the dev or test environment (database configuration mainly).

The only problem we have is that the tests are not running fine for some
reason. They basically stop after a short while without reaching the end of the
test. No errors is displayed and adding the '--trace' option doesn't provide
more information.

Here is an example of a session on the terminal:
>./symfony test:integration frontend  userActions
> LOGIN
> DO LOGIN
# get /login
content="0;url=https://localhost/index.php/login"/></head></html>#
Looks like everything went fine.

After the 'get /login' the test should continue but the execution stop for some
reasons.

So my question is: Is it possible to run tests under another environment than
the test environment (in our case the 'integration' environment)? Or are there
some technical reasons preventing tests to be run under another environment.

Thanks in advance for any help,
Jean-christophe

--
Liip AG // Agile Web Development // T +41 26 422 25 11
CH 1700 Fribourg // GPG 0xFC648C61 // www.liip.ch