I've come across this as well, and the reason is that many of the
choice widgets fire off a query to populate themselves. if you have 4
relationships per object that gives you 4 queries, and by embedding
that many times, it multiplies quickly.
I don't think there's anything you can do about this other than
implement some kind of widget-level caching.

Daniel

security at symfony-project.com