Hmm, Alfonso you posted this on both the developers and users list! I answered
your question there:

It looks like this is a bug in Doctrine2, or at least a lack of
support for the newer "driverClass" option in the SqliteSchemaManager
class. I believe Doctrine2 expects the driver parameter to be
something like "pdo_sqlite", rather than the "PDOSqlite" Symfony2
driver option, so we don't even want the driver option from our config
to impact the SqliteSchemaManager::createDatabase() method at all. The
driver option is missing from $this->_conn->getParams() anyway, which
is good in this case. What we want to pass to the DriverManager is
actually a "driverClass" option which *is* available in the connection
parameters. The code for SqliteSchemaManager should look more like
this:

namespace Doctrine\DBAL\Schema;

class SqliteSchemaManager extends AbstractSchemaManager
{
    public function createDatabase($database)
    {
        $params = $this->_conn->getParams();
        $options = array('path' => $database);
        if (isset($params['driverClass'])) {
            $options['driverClass'] = $params['driverClass'];
        } elseif (isset($params['driver'])) {
            $options['driver'] = $params['driver'];
        }
        $conn = \Doctrine\DBAL\DriverManager::getConnection($options);
        $conn->connect();
        $conn->close();
    }

}

Since that's a code change to Doctrine2, we can't really do much about
it without monkey patching Symfony, which I haven't yet explored.
Luckily Jonathan Wage works on Symfony2 *and* Doctrine2 (IIRC) so
maybe he can shed some light on this. I think the fix shown above is
what Doctrine2 should be doing regardless - maybe we can get this
thrown into Doctrine2 before the final 2.0 release.
Greg

security at symfony-project.com