On Sun, Nov 21, 2010 at 12:28 AM, Alexandre Salomé
<alexandre.sal...@gmail.com> wrote:
> You should create a symfony task, usable this way :
>
> ./symfony cities-csv-import path/to/file
>
> [...]
>
> ./symfony cities...... --from 0 --to 5000 file.Csv

Thanks for the suggestions, Alexandr! Importing without a detour via
SQL makes sense to me. Now, I need to read up on creating a Symfony
task...

> Put your big file on a correct file storage system (samba, ftp...), so
> your subversioned project keep a correct size.

I think I'll violate that advise. We use GIT, and it is capable of
storing versions of large files as deltas. Also, I assume that updating
the database on production will go hand-in-hand with a new release.

security at symfony-project.com