I've been playing around with sf2 for a while now

and between the changing API,
low level of tutorials (because of the changing API I guess ^^)
and my inability to remember even APIs which I write myself I've been
digging through a lot of code to figure out what the functions I
should be called are...

Nowadays most developers work with eclipse or netbeans I think and one
of the reasons is that code completion really helps you find the right
function.

Unfortunatly an IDE can't really figure out what class is returned
from $this->get('request'); or $this-
>get('doctrine.orm.entity_manager'); (and many more ...)

Curently I just create wrappers in my controllers like

/**
 * @return Symfony\Component\HttpFoundation\Request
 */
function getRequest() { return $this->get('request'); }

I've already considered extending the Controller class to add some of
those functions and having my own Controllers extend that class
But changing my code (specially on this level) to help my editor feels
really stupid ...

Am I really the only developer out there who sucks at memorizing
APIs ? or do you guys have some other ways of helping yourself in the
process of working with sf2?

security at symfony-project.com