I am building an app using Symfony 1.4.11 and Doctrine 1.2.4.  I have 2
tables - person and peer_request.  Person has the usual name, address,
email, etc.

peer_request:
  columns:
    person_id:         { type: integer, notnull: true }
    peer_id:           { type: integer, notnull: true }
  relations:
    person:            { local: person_id, foreign: id }
    person:            { local: peer_id, foreign: id }

I need to display the requests sent and received.  I created methods to join
peer_request to person and query the data.  The problem is that leftJoin is
always done on peer_id when I need it to be on person_id in one case.

->select('pr.*, p.email')
->from('peer_request pr')
->leftJoin('pr.person p')

>From my log:    LEFT JOIN person p2 ON p.peer_id = p2.id WHERE ...

I would appreciate any advice.  Thank you very much.

Dmitry

security at symfony-project.com