Hi,

I'm running into a really strange bug here. I've got an action that finishes with a redirect() method:

  public function executeRegister(sfWebRequest $request)
  {

    // go to next step
    $this->redirect("submit/index");
  }

However, I have been getting intermittent reports that the user is not being redirected, but rather remains on the same page.

I looked at the code for redirect() and it throws an exception to prevent further code execution, so for the life of me, I cannot figure out why they wouldn't be receiving the 302 message.

Like I said, this is intermittent. I have not been able to reproduce it myself, but the sheer number of reports I receive indicating that they run into the same problem indicates that it happens more than once.

This problem seems to occur in several pages that have this type of code.

Am I missing something to make it function more reliably? Do I need something additional to the redirect call before the end of the method?

Thanks for any advice or insight you can provide. I am utterly stumped to try and figure this out.

Eric

security at symfony-project.com