Hi,

how about removing the sympy-oldcore branch from the official repository:

http://hg.sympy.org/sympy/

and creating for example a new sympy-oldcore repository at
http://hg.sympy.org/sympy-oldcore   ?
Or maybe we don't even have to create the repository, because all the
history is archived in the svn at google code anyway. Also the history
which we have now in the Mercurial repository
is not from the beginning anyway.

I tried to strip it out and the repository size decreases from 8.7MB
to 4.8MB. Also the "hg vi" is not cluttered with that branch, which is
very seldom used if ever. And
also it helps a lot with merging so that you don't have to specify
which head to merge with.

What do you think about it?

Ondrej