On Sun, Mar 30, 2008 at 05:07:04PM -0400, Alan Bromborsky wrote:

> Kirill Smelkov wrote:
> > Hi Alan,

> >> My second question is how I do this in a python program for I get
> >>
> >>  >>>import sympy
> >>  >>> F = sympy.Symbol('F^1_0')
> >>  >>> F
> >> F^1_0
> >>  >>> print F
> >> F^1_0
> >>

> > For this you need pprint:

> > F^1_0

> > F¹₀

> > sin(F¹₀)
> > ────────
> >    2
> >

> > In fact, pprint is used internally in isympy as the displayer.
> >

> A suggestion for sympy would be to also implement as a switch in __str__
> so that calling the switch function, say "pp_on()" or "pp_off()" would allow
> you to simply use print for both pretty and normal printing and turn
> pretty printing
> on or off by calling the appropriate switch function.

We have this:

>>> from sympy import *
>>> F = Symbol('F^1_0')
>>> F
F^1_0
>>> Basic.set_repr_level(0)
1
>>> F
Symbol('F^1_0')
>>> Basic.set_repr_level(2)
0
>>> F
F¹₀

but we are going to remove this .set_repr_level:

http://code.google.com/p/sympy/issues/detail?id=697

Feel free to join and discuss it.

--
    Всего хорошего, Кирилл.