Hi.

I'm new to this list and was interested in sympy to use it to help
implement a DSL for audio synthesis.

I had a question: I would like to have a symbol, say "_" --without the
quotation marks ;-) , which creates unique copies of itself so that
the following is possible:

f = _ + _  -> would behave as f = x + y  (given x and y are Symbols),
a bit like it is used in many functional languages (and not like 2 *
_ )

It should also be possible to then substitute each symbol with a value
or with another symbol individually.

How could something like that be implemented?

cheers!

atir