On Tue, Apr 15, 2008 at 1:43 PM, [EMAIL PROTECTED]
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>  Indeed that seems to work just fine for me so I don't have a need for
>  a patch to the pattern matching. It looks like sympy wins over maxima
>  for me due to ease of use and the fact that it is pure python.

Perfect. Disadvantage is that sympy is a young package, so it still
have quirks and bugs, as you already discovered. The main advantage of
sympy is that if you have a problem, it is possible to fix it, since
it is in pure Python and we try to keep it simple && extensible. We
try to make it easy so that you can fix all possible problems yourself
and don't depend on us, if we are too busy. And if you do, please send
us the fix. :)

Ondrej