On Fri, Apr 18, 2008 at 10:55:11PM +0200, Friedrich Hagedorn wrote:

> On Fri, Apr 18, 2008 at 01:36:40PM -0700, d wrote:
> > just some basic follow-up:
> >
> > (1) regarding the subscripting:
> > (1a) Ondrej's output on my browser is:
> >
> > In [5]: Symbol("F_x")
> > Out[5]: Fₓ
>
> Thats nice, but
>
> In [165]: Symbol('F_B')
> Out[165]: F_B
>
> dont work.

This is a problem related to whether there is a symbol in unicode that
is "subscript a", "subscript b", "subscript x", etc...

"subscript x" is present there for sure, but I could not find subscripts
for a lot of other letters when I was doing pretty_sumbology.py

http://hg.sympy.org/sympy/file/tip/sympy/printing/pretty/pretty_symbology.py

I was doing my study with 'charmap' program, and found subscripts only
for

    'aeioruvx'

letters, and for

    'beta', 'gamma', 'rho', 'phi', 'chi'

greek letters.

Maybe there is a new version of unicode with more (and i hope generic)
subscripts. One can always try to enhance it :)

--
    Всего хорошего, Кирилл.