Hi,

there was a question in:

http://code.google.com/p/sympy/issues/detail?id=608#c7

about how to rebase the MQ patches to the latest tip:

-------
> > I just tried to submit 4 patches (fix of #608, capital gamma function,
> > ascii-art for
> > floor/ceiling, and misc changes to pprint tests), but got conflict problems
> (overlap). I just don't know what to do. Any hint? :)
>
> Sure, you need to rebase your patches to the latest tip. The mercurial
> generates the
> .rej files, that you can inspect and fix the problems. Or do you have some
> other problem?

Should I re-run "hg qrecord" commands and retype patches' descriptions
all over again
or is there some other clever way? Sorry, I'm really newbie to
Mercurial and SCM...
-------

So here is what I do (opinions -- kirill? :):

1) create the patches that apply cleanly in some revision
2) hg qpop -a; hg pull; hg up
3) hg qpush -a

does it apply cleanly? yes -- cool. No:

is the conflict easy to fix? If so, thenb I just look into the
generated .rej files and fix the repo by hand, then do "hg qrefresh"
and that's it.
If the conflict is difficult to fix:

4) hg qpop -a; hg up "number of the revision that worked";

5) hg push; hg qdelete -r qbase:qtip
6) hg merge tip

now merge the changesets using the powerful mercurial merge facility.

7) hg di -r revision without the patch:tip > /tmp/x

and we have the rebased patch in /tmp/x, so I for example do something like

8) hg qimport /tmp/x; hg qrefresh -e;

fix the description etc.

Then repeat the steps 5) to 8) with all patches.

Any comments welcome.

Ondrej