On Wed, Apr 23, 2008 at 01:38:48AM +0200, Ondrej Certik wrote:

> Hi,
>
> there was a question in:
>
> http://code.google.com/p/sympy/issues/detail?id=608#c7
>
> about how to rebase the MQ patches to the latest tip:
>
> -------
> > > I just tried to submit 4 patches (fix of #608, capital gamma function,
> > > ascii-art for
> > > floor/ceiling, and misc changes to pprint tests), but got conflict
> > > problems
> > (overlap). I just don't know what to do. Any hint? :)
> >
> > Sure, you need to rebase your patches to the latest tip. The mercurial
> > generates the
> > .rej files, that you can inspect and fix the problems. Or do you have some
> > other problem?
>
> Should I re-run "hg qrecord" commands and retype patches' descriptions
> all over again
> or is there some other clever way? Sorry, I'm really newbie to
> Mercurial and SCM...
> -------
>
> So here is what I do (opinions -- kirill? :):

I too use something like this :)

> 1) create the patches that apply cleanly in some revision
> 2) hg qpop -a; hg pull; hg up
> 3) hg qpush -a
>
> does it apply cleanly? yes -- cool. No:

Yes, right now we have to use the trickery you are describing below, but
please see some remark at the end of this letter.

> is the conflict easy to fix? If so, thenb I just look into the
> generated .rej files and fix the repo by hand, then do "hg qrefresh"
> and that's it.
> If the conflict is difficult to fix:
>
> 4) hg qpop -a; hg up "number of the revision that worked";
>
> 5) hg push; hg qdelete -r qbase:qtip
> 6) hg merge tip
>
> now merge the changesets using the powerful mercurial merge facility.
>
> 7) hg di -r revision without the patch:tip > /tmp/x
>
> and we have the rebased patch in /tmp/x, so I for example do something like
>
> 8) hg qimport /tmp/x; hg qrefresh -e;

You don't need to 'hg diff > /tmp/x; hg qimport' --

'hg qimport -r rev' would do the same.

> fix the description etc.
>
> Then repeat the steps 5) to 8) with all patches.
>
> Any comments welcome.

By the way, there is a guy who is going to implement 'hg rebase' during
the SoC:

http://code.google.com/soc/2008/hg/appinfo.html?csaid=EC7D811E53CA98EF

--
    Всего хорошего, Кирилл.