On Mon, Jul 14, 2008 at 2:26 AM, Andrew Straw <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Very cool. But I thought sympy was supposed to be pure Python... Is that
> still the idea?

Yes, SymPy is still pure Python by default and it will stay this way.

I.e. if you don't need speed, your only dependency is python2.4 or
later. If you need speed, you can install optional stuff, currently
sympy can use gmpy and tcc. When we write some parts of the core in
C/Cython, it will also only be an optional module.

Ondrej