Ondrej Certik wrote:

>> But only your files in the repository! Preferable there would be a whole
>> repository of sympy with your changes applied. Then anybody could simply
>> pull from there. Maybe you should read some docs of version management
>> systems since it's not that easy in the beginning.
>> Anyway, a short description how you can achieve what ondrej proposed:
>> (1) Get a sympy repository on your local PC with hg clone (I suppose you
>> did that)
>> (2) Now do all you changes and afterwards go into sympys root directory
>> and do hg commit.
>> (3) When you have reached a point where you want to share your code, one
>> simple possibility is to push your changed sympy repository to freehg by
>> executing the command hg push http://freehg.sympy.org/u/brombo/sympy.
>>

> Thanks a lot Sebastian for helping out!
>
> Yes, it may be intricating for the first time, but you will not
> regret. Once you get it how it works with mercurial, it will be easy
> for you to use the other version systems like git and bzr too, so it's
> definitely worth learning.
>
> Ondrej

Thank you for the instructions.  I think I finally did it. I cloned last
night's version of sympy. Added
my files in directory galgebra under the sympy directory. Committed the
files. Created the repository
'http://freehg.sympy.org/u/brombo/sympy' and then did  ' hg push
http://freehg.sympy.org/u/brombo/sympy'.
Would you please look and see if everything came out OK and is there
anything else I need to do?