Ondrej Certik wrote:
> On Sun, Nov 30, 2008 at 3:24 AM, Alan Bromborsky <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>>> Ok, I agree it is not perfect, but here is what I managed to come up with:
>>>

>>> .. _table3:
>>>
>>> .. figure:: something
>>>    :alt: some text
>>>
>>>    Bases blades in terms of bases.
>>>
>>>    ::
>>>
>>>        1 = 1
>>>        a0 = a0
>>>        a1 = a1
>>>        a2 = a2
>>>        a0^a1 = {-(a0.a1)}1+a0a1
>>>        a0^a2 = {-(a0.a2)}1+a0a2
>>>        a1^a2 = {-(a1.a2)}1+a1a2
>>>        a0^a1^a2 = {-(a1.a2)}a0+{(a0.a2)}a1+{-(a0.a1)}a2+a0a1a2
>>>

>>> Sending the whole .rst file as attachement --- it works for me.  The
>>> figure is not so nicely delimited from the rest, but I think this is
>>> just a matter of a proper style in sphinx, so it could be fixed. We
>>> should ask on the sphinx list.
>>>
>>> But your file as a whole looks very good! After those little things
>>> are fixed, it will be very nice.
>>>
>>> Ondrej
>>>

>> Thank you.  If I can get the references working in the LaTeX to rst
>> translator I will send it to you.
>>

> Thanks --- just implement it to produce the rst I suggested above --
> then you can get the job done and we can improve in the future.
>
> Ondrej

I find the following does exactly what I want it to do although the
syntax is rather redundent.  It is silly that you have to use :ref:`3
<table3>` everywhere you want to refer to table3.  There should only be
one instance of the statement that links the symbol 3 to table3 and then
you should only have to say :ref:`table3`.

where :math:`A_{r}` is a multivector of grade :math:`r` and :math:`b` is
a vector.  For
our example basis the result  is shown in Table :ref:`3 <table3>`.

.. _table3:

::

   1 = 1
   a0 = a0
   a1 = a1
   a2 = a2
   a0^a1 = {-(a0.a1)}1+a0a1
   a0^a2 = {-(a0.a2)}1+a0a2
   a1^a2 = {-(a1.a2)}1+a1a2
   a0^a1^a2 = {-(a1.a2)}a0+{(a0.a2)}a1+{-(a0.a1)}a2+a0a1a2

Table :ref:`3 <table3>`. Bases blades in terms of bases

The important thing to notice about Table :ref:`3 <table3>` is that it is a
triagonal (lower triangular) system of equations so that using a simple back