On Sat, Feb 14, 2009 at 12:12 PM, Ondrej Certik <ond...@certik.cz> wrote:

> Hi Hector,
>
> On Fri, Feb 13, 2009 at 12:51 PM, Hector Villafuerte <hecto...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>>
>> Hi all,
>> I'm preparing some lecture notes and would like to embed isympy
>> sessions on them. I use Latex. Here's what I've done so far:
>
> try Gael's link above.
>
> If it's not private, could you send us some example of your lecture
> notes? I also actually wanted to embed some sympy calculation in
> latex, and also run in the unicode problems. I think we should create
> some mode, that will output latex formulas. E.g. I would type regular
> python syntax, to

Gael, Ondrej, thanks for your help!
Regarding the lecture notes, we'll be covering the usual members of
the Fourier family (the series, the transform, the discrete transform,
and the fast one) with emphasis on some applications (mostly filters).
Here's the website for some of the material (mostly problem sets),
though it's in Spanish:
http://sites.google.com/site/uvgie3008/

> In [1]: 1/x
>
> and it would output nice latex formula in
>
> Out[1]: ...
>
> E.g. this is how it would look in latex.
>
> But I want the whole calculation to be done in isympy first, and then
> ideally I would just copy & paste it, or something similar.
> So maybe we can implement some special mode, that would take ipython
> input and produce the latex output I mentioned above.
>
> Ondrej

That would be great. Right now I'm considering using pretty print set
to not use unicode, but I'm not happy with that solution.
Best,
--
 Hector