On Apr 1, 11:49 am, Ondrej Certik <ond...@certik.cz> wrote:
> Hi Akshay!
>
> On Tue, Mar 31, 2009 at 6:01 AM, Akshay Srinivasan
>
> <akshaysriniva...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > I started working on my application of late. Please have a look at:
> >http://wiki.sympy.org/wiki/GSoC2009Application/AkshaySrinivasan
>
> > Criticisms welcome :)
>
> Thanks!
>
> Apply to both PSF and PSU as well, see my other email to this list.
>
> Some ideas for improvement:
>
> * be more specific, how you want to improve the module and how you
> want to implement the assumptions system --- it's a complex task, so
> more details would help
> * your first two points are:
>
> #  Analyse the code of the in-development assumptions system.
> # Analyse the code of aima-python.
>
> I think you could do the analysis right now and write it into the
> applications. Generally the most successful applications have a clear
> plan what to do.
Yes, I think I'll surely have to do that to come up with a proper
plan. I'm having to spend a lot more time on the coursework , since
the semester is coming to an end.

> Unrelated: you study chemical engineering -- is it an application to
> your research? I am just curious. I am doing chemical physics, so it
> may not be so unrelated, depending on what exactly you do.
Not really, its more related to my hobby - I build robots - of course
I can't possibly use python directly - not very complicated code
anyway- on microcontrollers, but this should serve as quite an
experience. A lot of folk in Chemical Engineering work on Fuzzy Logic
for Process Control.

> Ondrej

Thanks