I too use a Mac, and one thing that I have noticed that doesn't work
is that running ./bin/isympy from the git repository fails to load
iPython (it just loads regular Python).  Just running the isympy
installed with fink works fine, it just has a problem loading it from
the git version of isympy.

Aaron Meurer