Changing the line to #!/usr/bin/env python did not fix it.  I am
pretty sure that the problem is what you said, that it cannot find
iPython from that directory.  I know rather little about this, so I'm
not sure if something needs to be changed in __init__.py or if I need
to change some environment variable somewhere (e.g., because iPython
is installed through fink and something expects it not to be).  It
would be nice if this could be fixed so I can test sympy with iPython
as well as regular python.

Aaron Meurer