On Tue, May 12, 2009 at 8:06 PM, Robert Kern <robert.k...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Tue, May 12, 2009 at 22:01, Ondrej Certik <ond...@certik.cz> wrote:
>>
>> On Tue, May 12, 2009 at 5:07 PM, Grissiom <chaos.pro...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>>> docutils-0.5 install rst2html as rst2html.py. Maybe this patch should be
>>> upstream?
>>
>> Do you mean upstream sympy or upstream docutils?
>
> It's a patch to sympy.
>
>> On linux, at least, I
>> have "rst2html" and not "rst2html.py", so I don't know which way is
>> the correct one here.
>
> If you install from docutils source, it is rst2html.py. Debian and
> possibly other distributions rename it.

Right. So if we patch sympy with the patch above, it will stop working
on Debian/Ubuntu and maybe other distros.

One option is to just ship the rst2html.py wrapper with sympy, if you
look into it, essentially what it is doing is just:

from docutils.core import publish_cmdline
publish_cmdline(writer_name='html')

Ondrej