I tried both of those options and had no luck :(

Have you looked at the paper by Fu, Zhong, and Zeng:
http://vv.cn/d/d.aspx?Id=21987_1.0.42119

I read it, and think it seemed reasonable, but I'm no expert and want
to see what else was out there... maybe there are other approaches
worth considering.  Before investing in a lot of coding time, it would
nice to be sure that a good algorithm is being used, although I must
say their comparisons with the other popular packages out there seem
favorable.

~Luke