On Wed, Jun 24, 2009 at 8:22 PM, Luke<hazelnu...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Ondrej and I are proposing to have a Sympy documentation day one of
> the following times next week:
>
> 1)  Tuesday, June 30th, 6pm-12am PST (Wednesday July 1st, 0200-0800 UTC)
> 2)  Thursday, July 1st, 6pm-12am PST (Thursday July 2st, 0200-0800 UTC)
> 3)  Friday, July 2nd, 6pm-12am PST (Friday July 3st, 0200-0800 UTC)
>
> The goal of the documentation day will to get people working together
> at the same time to update docstrings, work on Wiki pages, and write
> example pieces of code that clearly demonstrate how to use one or more
> cool Sympy features.
>
> I have created a Doodle poll to track when people are available so
> that we can pick the day that works best for everybody.  Please
> respond by Friday so we can announce the day.  Here is the link to the
> poll:
>
> http://doodle.com/8gwqyedhcbrknr3z
>
> If anybody has suggestions for what is need, we can use this thread to
> discuss it and make a game plan for the documentation day.

Thanks for the initiative. We'll be on IRC, so anyone is welcome to join!

I'll try to finish a check script that will check that all methods
have at least one doctest showing example of usage. I will then work
on putting such examples into all sympy core methods. And other
methods too.

Also we should make sure all methods are documented with the same
style, so that it looks good in the sphinx docs.

Ondrej